Displaying calculations in a report using Summary Options
- Create a report on the table or query using the wizard.
- In step 2 of the report wizard, group the report according to one of the fields e.g. ID Number or Category.
- In step 3 of the report wizard, click on the Summary Option button. (This button will only appear in the wizard when you group the report by a certain field in step 2).
- When you click on the button the Summary Options box will appear. (The fields listed will differ depending on your table).
- If you want to display the Total Price in your report, click in the Sum check box on the Price line.
- If you want to display the Average Price, click Avg check box.
- Continue through the remaining steps of the wizard and this summary information (Total Price or Average Price) will be displayed in the report.